Friday, April 22, 2016

Indomie Mi Goreng instant noodles

Ramen life Indonesian instant noodles

#15 Spinoff:Indonesian instant noodles


April22.2016 BY Japanese instant ramen shop owner, Sakura.

Today’s noodle is from Indonesia.


I got this Indonesian Indomie Mi Goreng instant noodles. This is more like a fried noodle than a ramen soup noodle. It looks so delicious. This has a HALAL mark on, so there’s no pork extract contained. It does say it is an exported product, so it must have a different taste to the one sold locally.




















In the packet, there are noodles, seasonings, seasoning oil, soy sauce and chilli powder.



















There’s an English instruction, but it’s faster to look at the picture and cook. I boiled the vegetables and shrimps together with the noodles as I wanted to eat them. The fried egg on the package looked attractive, so I fried an egg as well. I didn’t have oil, so I made the fried egg in the microwave. I sprinkled some chili powder, reddened pickled ginger, spring onions on top of the noodles and it was complete.



















I didn't drain the water from the boiled vegetables enough, so the taste was a little lighter. It did say it should cook for three minutes, but I guess two and half minutes might be enough actually. They were so delicious that I couldn’t think that they were instant noodles. A slightly sweet sauce Asian in its style I reckon. I liked it how they weren’t too salty like a Japanese sauce and fried noodles. The fried egg might be a must include item. The taste was something specific to the country it was made in so I had to feel like I was eating out at a restaurant more than cooking at home but I would like to try having it in a few different ways because it's cheap and easy.

Cooking movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL33kVaNF_8
Owner's shop: http://jmyths.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment