Saturday, April 16, 2016

Ramen life Chinese instant ramen noodles

Spinoff: Chinese instant ramen noodles


April 16.2016 BY Japanese instant ramen shop owner, Sakura.

I have tried the Chinese instant noodles Kangshifu series..


The red package representatives China I think. It’s all in Chinese characters, but what I can tell from the characters is only that the soup is “beef” as I am Japanese. Well, there’s a photo of cooked noodles on the package, so it is easy to imagine anyway.



















This is the back of the package by the way. The soup is made with beef umami (the fifth taste sensation) and I can see how they focused on eggs, shrimps and noodles. There’s no cooking instruction where every single instant noodle packet has an instruction in Japan. I asked one of my Chinese friends and she said ‘It is obvious so there’s no need to write it as everyone knows. This product is such a well known and famous one.’


















Alright, let’s open it up. There are noodles, dried vegetables and meat, a powder sachet and soup paste. I looked forward to tasting the dried food because there’s often no dried food sachet in Japanese instant noodles.



















Here we go, I’m going to use the microwave this time. What I’m going to use for a dish is a microwavable bowl for the noodles. You can purchase the bowl from a 100 yen shop in Japan. Put some hot water in the bowl first, cook it for about three minutes in the microwave, take it out from the microwave afterwards, add the soup paste and mix it well. It’s complete! It was very easy! The moment when I added the soup paste, the nice smell of the soup filled the room.
























It has a very firm taste and there’s nothing like that for instant noodles in Japan. The thick umami taste from beef brightened the soup. It should go well with white rice as well. It’s highly recommended for anyone who wants to eat a rich tasting food! Also, the noodle is firm and very yummy. I can understand how these instant noodles have been supported by a lot of Chinese people, but at the same time, the Japanese instant noodle brand MARUTAI’s noodles have seemed popular in China in recent years. It’s a little different in Tonkotsu and beef thickness, however the clear and fine taste must have been popular. If you like these noodles, I also recommend Kurume tonkotsu ramen, because the taste is refined among a lot of tonkotsu flavored noodles. Kurume in Fukuoka prefecture is said to be the origin of tonkotsu ramen noodles. You’ve got to try these noodles if you like tonkotsu ramen.



















Go here for a cooking instruction video for Chinese instant noodles.
Cooked Chinese instant ramen noodles with microwave.

Owner's online shop: http://jmyths.com/

1 comment:

  1. I know this post was a long time ago, but I wanted to thank you, as I, too, was frustrated by the lack of instructions on these noodles.

    ReplyDelete